Thursday, March 7, 2013

3/7/2013

My first blog!  I think it is appropriate that my first blog is in the same month as Saint Patrick's Day and the beginning of Spring (first day of the Spring Equinox is March 20th! Woot woot!) since I will be blogging / journal writing about my experiences learning to add more green to my life.  On this page I hope to share some of my experiences with incorporating green smoothies into my diet, the outdoors (like walking and the beauty of nature), and my clean living (i.e. without the use of drugs).  I just wanted a place to write and to share... whatever it is going on with me and had an idea to start blogging it.

I have been drinking green smoothies since about 2011 but have had an interest in juicing and cleansing for quite some time.  I started posting my green smoothie recipes on facebook and some of my friends even began trying them out.  I began re-researching green smoothies and adding raw fruits & veggies to my diet when my mother-in-law was re-diagnosed with terminal lung cancer that had spread throughout her body. Earlier that year, I had watched a documentary entitled, "Food Matters" and in it, a woman talked about preventing and curing cancer by eating a diet of whole fruits and vegetables and juicing.  For those of you who want to learn more it is called, "Gerson Therapy."  Unfortunately, it was too late for my mother-in-law (who passed on Memorial Day 2012) but I thought, "Why not try it?"  I certainly was not getting my share of fruits and vegetables every day and this way, I could get some in a drink.  So, my green smoothie adventure began!   I drink green smoothies a few times per week and sometimes, not at all, but when a week goes by and I haven't, I feel a difference in my energy level, digestion, and mood.

I hope you can gain a tip, a recipe, or a positive note to add to your life or your day by reading some of my blogs.

That is all for today!

Love ya,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment