Sunday, March 10, 2013

3/10/13

So, my doctor (who is really into nutrition and homeopathic sorts of treatments) tells me that it is good that I am drinking smoothies but that I should change my ratio or fruits and vegetables from 60% fruit & 40% vegetables, to the other way around.  I told him, "Yeah right, you don't know hard it has been for me just to even consider adding green vegetables at all!"  He (and websites) also suggest using little to no dairy products and to use "good fats" (such as avocado, almond butter, and coconut oil) in your green smoothies.  Well, folks, it is "progress not perfection" for me.  Today is one of the first times I have actually took this advice on both accounts.  I made a smoothie today that was mostly vegetables and it was really quite good!  Let me know if you try it and how you like it.  Also, I plan on adding some of my other recipes to the Green Smoothie recipe tab today and would love to have your feedback on any recipe you try.

Here is the one I tried today -- Carrot-Apple Green Smoothie:  1 cup organic carrot juice, 1 golden delicious apple, 1 stalk celery, 1 cup kale, 1 cup hearts of romaine lettuce, 1 tsp coconut oil, and crushed ice.  To my surprise, this was very tasty!

Well, I need to get ready to go for a walk with my dog!  It is a beautiful, sunshiney day here in North Atlanta and I want to take advantage of it!

May your day be green and serene!

Love ya,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment