Thursday, March 14, 2013

3/14/13

I rarely add protein powders or mixes to my smoothies but every now and then I do.  I tried one yesterday that I found at Big Lots (of all places) and it was DELICIOUS!  It is loaded with vitamins and only 100 calories.  I mixed it with some frozen berries and it was even "Yummier!"  It's called AcaiSlim - Acai Berry Smoothie made by Garden Greens.  So my recipe was 1 scoop of the AcaiSlim, 1 cup of Nature's Three Berries (has raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries; purchased at Costco), 2 cups spinach, 1 stalk celery, and 8 oz of water.  I will definitely be making this one again!

Today's smoothie is one I have had in the past and for convenience sake I used pineapple-orange juice.  I rarely use "from concentrate" juices because they have so much sugar and calories but I was rushing around and did not want to take the time to prepare everything.  This morning's smoothie was 1 cup pineapple-orange juice, 2 clementines,  1/2 banana, 1 cup water, 1 stalk celery, 1 tsp coconut oil, and 2 cups spinach.  This is a very "citrusy" smoothie and is loaded with Vitamin C!

Have a green and serene day!

Love ya,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment